Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Daughter's Many Litters of Super Cute Felt Critters



Daughter turned her interests to some hand sewing just before Christmas when she found a book entitled "Super Cute" by Parragon. The owl was her first project. In no time, she was trying different techniques and making all kinds of felt characters for our enjoyment. A few lucky friends and relatives got one for Christmas. Her cousin got the bunny in the lower right. She made the little bear on the top left just for me. Ahh, I feel so special. My bear was the first one she attempted to turn inside out to hide the seam. She figured out how to put the ears inside correctly all by herself! I was very impressed.



Grandma got the dark green one in the bottom right of the pic above.



Aren't they the most adorable things you ever saw?! Okay, I may be a tad biased being her mom. But I still think you have to agree that she's quite a talented and creative 9 year old. :)



Some even have removable clothing. I'm loving the "Madeye Moody" eye patch!



She was thrilled to receive a new sewing kit Santa. I hope to see many more of her creations this coming year. I'm trying to get her to make me some Potter Pal Puppets. Haven't convinced her to give it a try. . . yet. ;)

Next up, I'll be posting what I made the daughter and her cousin for Christmas. I kept to last years homemade holiday plan of only using what I had around. Stay tuned to see the results!

No comments: