Friday, July 11, 2008

Ever wanted to give someone the finger!

I'm getting anxious to start working on our ongoing Halloween costumes, again so I thought I'd share these. This was a fun project. I will post better pics when I get them back form my sister in Kansas.

This is the first one I made, and my favorite. It is the perfect shape for holding and the weight is balanced. I wrapped some cord around the handle and attempted some "scrimshaw" carvings all over various parts. There is a glass jewel embedded in the handle.

boney wand

This was my second one, that didn't turn out as well as the first. It is too straight. I was experimenting on the finish, as well. It doesn't look as natural as the first does.

I reinforced the clay with a piece of wire hanger so they won't break.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: