Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Can Tab Crownlace

After Jeudi's outfit and the start of my mom's corset/bodice, I offered to create a crown for an unofficial illustration contest on iStockphoto.com.

The first attempt is modeled by Jeudi:

crown of can tabs

We added some soup/fruit cans to the mix, as well as some cheapy rhinestones and a couple gold shoelaces.

can tab crown/necklace

can tab necklace/crown

Being flexible, it also doubles as a wonderful necklace!

Breakdown of costs:

Can Tabs = FREE
Jewels with rims = $1 per pack of 6 jewels (clearance at hobby store)
Gold shoelaces = 30 cents a pair (eBay lot)
Clasp finding from old belt = next to FREE
____________________________________
Total = $1.30

1 comment:

Cindy aka HappyStamper aka Sealion said...

OMG! I am totally lovin' the soda tab garb projects! Too cute and clever! I can't wait to show my girls and find out if they want to give it a try.

Sealion