Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bear Hat on Bic Knitting Loom

Here is yet another hat. I didn't really intend on making this wearable (hence the size). This was just an experiment in decreasing stitches on my Bic pen loom creation. I have discovered that I can actually add and remove pegs from the loom while working, giving me the ability to increase/decrease stitches while knitting "in the round". I need to improve my placement of the decreases, but at least I figured out how to do it. I'm eventually aiming to make some contoured fingerless gloves and some socks to wear camping. I will need to use thinner pegs, though. I'm thinking BBQ skewers at the moment.


bear hat

bear hat

Here are close ups showing the decrease effect. Not the best placement.

bear hat

bear hat

Next I think I've found a way to double knit on it as well! I'll keep you posted on my success. :)

************UPDATE************

I did it! I figured out how to double-knit on my pen loom. Check it out here. I'm all ready to start making a double-knit scarf!

1 comment:

AttackCat said...

i am obsessed with finding new things to do with soda tabs and had to comment on your blog to tell you that you are my new role-model!!!

also

that hat is so cute! i love hats with ears. they are so playful and young. and your daughter as adorable!!!!