Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Witch BOO't Update: Really Bad News

Do you ever feel that the more effort you put into something, the more hopeless it's outcome becomes?  I seem to have underestimated how busy I would be and how much time these would take to paint.  Even after starting in July, it's not looking like I will have any boots/shoes finished in time for Halloween.  And, I refuse to rush and sacrifice detail and quality.  I'm just not going to do that. However, I'm very disappointed.  I sincerely appreciate that some of you have been waiting so patiently.  And, I feel really bad letting you down.  I've been trying to fit them in between other projects.  But, I've just had very little time and too much distraction to sit down to enjoy painting.  I'm very close on a couple, but fear they won't be completely ready for sale until it is too close to Halloween.

That being said, here is where I'm at on a couple of them:



The 1st one I'v been working on is a high-heeled vampire shoe/boot.  Not sure if it's a shoe or boot?  But, it's been a fun one that has taken quite some time to create.  I've redone the toe a few times.

 

I still need to clean up some lines.  Also, I'd like to add some handles to the sides, but I might have to cut into the bottom to secure them.  I've got an idea for a poem about a vampire's shopping trip, but haven't started it.



This 2nd is a very long shoe with buckle.  I'm still working on the fence details and cleaning up some things.

 

I'd also like to play with the grass and pumpkin stem details a bit more.  I'm also halfway through a poem for it about a "Party in a Pumpkin Patch".

I have a few others in the works that are not as far along.  There are a pair of small boots with a scarecrow scene.  I may show some pics of them later, but I've got an event coming up that is going to keep me away from the blog for a bit.  With any luck, or a miracle, I may have at least one of these shoe available before the end of the month.  Again, I'm so sorry.  I'm going to be really busy this month with events.  On top of that, I'm starting to organize the daughter's 11th birthday for next month.  We're going all out on a small Harry Potter themed party.  After all, "It's not everyday your young man (daughter) turns eleven". I've got a ton of stuff to do for that I hope to post here.

2 comments:

K said...

Would sooooo love a pair of boots just like the first ones to wear out, they are gorgeous.

Leah said...

They are looking good! The vampire boot is awesome, love the coffin toe. and don't worry about the deadline you set. Sometimes things come up that mess up our best intentions to meet our deadlines. Just enjoy the process when you find time to work on them.