Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hope your HALLOWEEN is Purrrfect!!!

Hope you're enjoying your Halloween. Thought I'd share this adorable witch cat that Hullabuoy sent me at the end of last year.  It's taken me SO long to post it, because I was still tweaking the witch hat we added to it.  I'd been delaying posting it, because I thought it would be a nice Halloween post.  Leave it to me to wait til the day of!  So, without further ado, here is Crookshanks, the witchy kitty. (Daughter named it, of course).



She hand painted this kitty on a styrafoam buoy with a decorated wooden wand and fabric ears attached!  The wand is removable.  Cathi (Hullabuoy) possesses mad painting skills!  I enjoy seeing all her work, especially the buoys.  You should definitely check out her facebook page at Hullabuoy and Mcathi Designs on Etsy.



The hat was made with the usualy cereal cardboard for the brim and newspaper cone top, all paper mached so that it is really stiff.  We had to cut slits to be able to place it on the kitty's head over the ears.  Best part, is Cathi had the forethought to supply the decorations that we added to the hat.



We love it!  It sits on top of our Harry Potter themed book case all year long.  Thanks so much, again, Cathi, for sending it to us!  So proud to have a piece of your talented work!

3 comments:

Hullabuoy said...

Love it-so purrfect!!!Just what he was missing-great job!

mieljolie said...

Thanks, Hullabuoy. It's funny. I keep saying witch in the description, but we all keep referring to it as a he. Guess he/she is a bit confused, but it's all good. ;) I've always wondered why wizards don't get to have brims on their hats? Really rather pointless without one (Pun not intended).

Anonymous said...

A purrfect Halloween decoration. This furry friend sure has stole the show. He's lovely and a gallant wizard. He might as well be Harry Potter. lol
beanbags